A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Monday, July 30, 2007

Slow pokes

I’ve been wanting to make one of these guys for awhile now, but not knowing how to crochet was a major hangup. But since they are soooo very cute, I finally took the time to actually sit down, read some directions (*gasp*), and figure it out. Seeing as I learned from a random website, I really can’t say if I’m crocheting correctly or not (my biggest question is what is the right side? Did I make these inside out? Can anyone who knows tell from these pictures?), but it seemed to work okay.



My first attempt turned out to be a huge man eating snail. More scary than cute. The only crochet hook I owned was a size bigger than the recommended, but seriously, this is four times the suggested size. I probably also used fatter yarn….

Although the concept of a man eating snail is awesome, I was still going for more cute than awesome, so I went and bought another crochet hook (I now own two!).



More like it, yes? He’s still larger than called for, but still very cute.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are TOO cute!! Where did you find this pattern?

8/28/2007 07:34:00 PM

 
Blogger brunhilda said...

Thanks rori! You can find this pattern at:
http://www.fortheloveofyarn.com/Issues/Spring06/patterns/spring06_snail.shtml

9/05/2007 08:30:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home