A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Honeymoon

Finally, a finished product!



Size: 34
Yarn: KnitPicks CotLin
Modifications: Skipped the lace border and used a tubular cast on. I attempted to make it longer as well, yet I seem to have completely failed at that since it is not nearly as long as I was shooting for.

I’ve decided that I don’t really like this yarn. Now, I haven’t had very much experience in the cotton/linen yarn area, so compared to other yarns of this type this could be great stuff, but I’m not too fond of it. The final product is not very soft, and it pills a bit (not that this in itself is a great problem, but I’m afraid that it foreshadows future pilling of unmanageable proportions). While knitting I didn’t have much of a problem with it, it’s not too rough to work with or anything like that. It didn’t hold up too well to ripping out and re-knitting repeatedly though (I had a bit of a rough start). The conclusion: this yarn is okay. Not good, not bad, just okay.

As for the pattern? Fun stuff. I enjoyed it, it’s interesting yet not remotely difficult. Good TV knitting, and the end product is lovely. As mentioned, I would definitely want it longer, and I underestimated how much longer I would want it. So if you’re making this and want to increase the length, don’t be afraid! You’ll have to work to make it too long. Other than that I certainly recommend it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home