A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The sweater, it is finished. Well, not officially finished, there is no ribbon on the inside. But I think that’s alright, because after wearing the sweater I realized that you can’t see the inside of the zipper most of the time, so it’s not ugly. I was expecting for it to stick out like a sore thumb, not so much.

Can't see the inside of the zipper!

Installation itself was surprisingly easy. I was expecting some horrible horrible thing to happen from all the accounts I’ve heard and strong warnings telling me to make sure the zipper is in straight and etc. Basically, I pinned the zipper in where I thought it was straight, basted it in with lovely red thread and tried it on, and decided it was still straight, then consulted my mother who agreed with me, and then sewed it in. And it was straight.

Note the awesome red thread that you probably won't be able to see unless you are so inclined to make this bigger

I sewed it in by hand, quite honestly I don’t trust a sewing machine with my hand knit objects. Nor do I see how that would actually work – wouldn’t it stretch out the fabric (thus making it not straight)? I don’t know, people keep claiming that it works.

In other news:

My bag is going alright. Lots of basting. I’ve discovered that basting makes me hate the sewing machine less – less time involved in front of it, as I can baste somewhere else and then quick sew up what I need to. But it’s going slowly, and now that school is back in session don’t be expecting this to go very speedily.

using yellow thread this time instead of red thread.

I managed to break my first sewing machine needle last night (aww, significant events in a sewer’s life, we should scrapbook this). I couldn’t exactly ask mom how to fix this situation since it was quite late and she was asleep, so I’m proud to announce that I replaced the needle all by myself! Of course in the process I managed to do something (I have no idea what) that makes the thread break while sewing. This I could not figure out how to fix by myself, and will need to consult mom about tonight.

I’d also like to apologize for the sad looking pictures I post on here. I look at other people’s blogs and they take awesome pictures of their knitting. I can’t seem to create artful knitting photos so I apologize if they’re rather uninspiring.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger beckie said...

I like, I like the sweater! It looks great!

4/04/2007 06:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home