A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I’ve discovered something new – washcloths! What a wonderful idea. Wouldn’t a pretty washcloth with a nice bar of soap make a wonderful gift?

I had these yarns (Peaches and Cream, colors.... i don't remember, a white and a blue, obviously) in my stash for…. just about ever, but never did anything with them. I looked all over the place for a washcloth pattern I liked, but alas, most looked very grandmotherly. Then I came across this pattern on, of all places, the inside of the yarn label – how convenient! The only thing I don’t like about it is that the other side is rather ugly. Or, if you want to be like my mother and put a positive spin on it, it’s “interesting.” Interesting or ugly, whatever you want to call it, it’s not pretty. That’s one thing that really bothers me about knitting, with nearly (*nearly*, not all) everything you knit one side is just plain “interesting.” But I think I can live with that as long as the recipient of this washcloth can.

I’ve decided to start making these for Christmas presents. And, unlike last year (the year of the scarf and occasional quilt), I’m going to start now rather than in December. So I went to the store today and made a small purchase.

Hopefully, this will get me started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home