A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Sunday, September 24, 2006






Finished! I was lucky enough to have just enough yarn to make a normal length scarf.









Last night I blocked it. Honestly I had never blocked lace before, and I used these instructions, which worked out very nicely. It took a bit of convincing to get my mom to agree to putting a wet pile of yarn on the bed, and then sticking dozens of pins into the mattress, but she eventually realized what a brilliant idea that actually is



Of course this morning I found the cat lying on top of everything. I don’t think with a normal cat this would be too much of a problem, but I have one of the most clumsy, destructive cats I have ever met. One of her major problems is that her claws don’t detract. Ever. So when she walks across a carpet she sticks to it. Or if she’s lying on a blanket and decides to move, the blanket usually goes with her. But never fear, as you can see the scarf survived the ordeal with no noticeable scars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home