A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mystery Yarn (ooooh)

I finished my scarf the other night while watching the movie Everything Is Illuminated. I like how it turned out, much better than the last one. I like the colors better, and it just looks neater (not as in 'neat!,' as in 'tidy.' But it’s also rather 'neat!' I guess).


My grandmother made that doll for me many moons ago I think she looks quite stunning in that scarf, don’t you?

And I have to say, Everything Is Illuminated is an amazing movie! In fact, it's now officially one of my favorite movies, and that is a really hard list to get onto. First off it was really funny. Rarely do I literally laugh out loud at movies, and at points I nearly fell off the couch I was laughing so hard (if you've ever seen it, Alex's description of his grandfathers 'seeing eye bitch' really did it in for me). It also focused a lot on the Holocaust, and seeing as I'm slightly obsessed with history only made me enjoy it more. So I recommend this movie. Times a million. Really.



Now, onto knitting. See this yarn:


I got it a very long time ago at a thrift store. At the time it never occurred to me that buying yarn that thin was a stupid, stupid idea for someone who didn’t really know what they were doing (I was probably 7 and had no clue what lace knitting even was). So I bought it and attempted to knit a scarf with it. Surprisingly, I gave up. And now I have some lace yarn. And the thing is, even though I really like the yarn (wonderful color), what am I going to do with it? It's not like I can go out and buy more if I run out. And it's not even a whole skein. What can I do with such an odd amount of yarn? Something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home