A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

No, I haven’t found my camera cord, but my boyfriend just happened to leave his camera at my house the other day, so until he realizes that he left it here I do believe that I have full rights to use it as I see fit. And I see it as fit to take pictures of myself in a hat (you know, it’s surprisingly hard to photograph yourself in a mirror and not block out the hat your are trying to photograph with your hands. So please excuse the shoddy photography.)

So finally, about my hat:
My friends have begun to lovingly refer to this as my “wine-drinking hat.” If you’ll recall, there’s been a bit of conflict over whether this yarn is red or purple. Yet after asking many people, I discovered that most thought it was neither red nor purple, but wine-colored (and seeing as this yarn color is “Bordeaux,” they’re probably right). One of these conversations evolved into the revelation that if I so happened to be drinking wine while wearing my hat, and my head got hot so I took my hat off and set it next to my wine glass, and then if some clumsy person walked by and knocked over my glass and wine spilled everywhere, it would be okay because my hat is the same color as the wine. What a relief, I always worry about that. So, at last, I present to you my wine-drinking hat: Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash
Color: Bordeaux
Pattern: Reversible Beret

This pattern is quick and easy, I recommend it. Were I to knit it again I would probably make it a few stitches shorter around the band, it’s a bit wide. If you’re planning on knitting with this yarn, word on the street is that it shrinks quite a bit when you put it in the dryer. Yet as I am not planning on putting my hat in the dryer I didn’t worry about that, but if you really love putting things in the dryer you might want to think about it.... Other than that it’s a lovely yarn and a lovely color that I also recommend.

3 Comments:

Blogger ButterflyLane said...

My camera cord goes MIA on a regular basis... I think it's my hubby's fault.
Love the wine-drinking hat. Too cool.
I knit continental, and I decided to teach myself English so I could do multiple colors- one in each hand. (Made my head hurt. Haven't tried again yet.)
Don't know anything else interesting... I use dishcloths to practice new stitches and stuff, too.

12/07/2006 08:20:00 AM

 
Blogger ButterflyLane said...

By the way- if you're looking for interesting dishcloth patterns to break up the monotony, try Dishcloth Botique. http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knitting.html

(Sorry- I'm bored, so I read your whole blog and then had to leave another comment. :P )

12/07/2006 12:02:00 PM

 
Blogger KarenK said...

What a great hat, and an excellent color. I downloaded that pattern and am thinking of making one for my daughter - she has lots of hair, and it looks like a good roomy hat.

12/09/2006 05:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home