A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry-day-after-Christmas all! Hope you had a good one.
I certainly did. We got to see a part of the family we haven’t seen in a very long time (I told this to a coworker and she said “oh, since last year?” “No, more like seven years.”). I even successfully finished my holiday knitting! Everyone seemed to like the washcloths, so I was pleased with that (and so were they). I finished my grandmother’s hat in plenty of time (I don’t know why I thought it would take me so long – after I got myself together after frogging it a few times it only took me an afternoon). But even though I finished it, I had to do some intensive blocking since it seemed rather snug, and when I presented it to her on Christmas afternoon it was still a bit damp. But that’s what’s great about grandmothers, she didn’t mind.


This was my first attempt at a pom pom, it turned out alright.

My parents have finally figured out that I like to knit! They gave me this marvelous cone of yarn for Christmas:



And some even more marvelous green stuff (in real life it’s lighter than this):


Also, a set of the Knit Picks options needles. I think they’re great, but these things should really come with a “suggested organization” chart. It comes with all these fancy pockets that are all different sizes to organize everything in, but I can’t figure out how they expect you to do it. What are the sizes for? Am I missing something? Help!


1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

For my Options needles, I ordered an extra set of the triple pockets and a set of the little purple size tags. I put each pair of needles and the corresponding size tag in its own triple pocket, and have the cables and end caps things in one of the single pockets. I also have some of their smaller size circular needles and some of the dpns, so I think I'm going to order more single pockets to put those in so everything is together.

Hope this helps!

1/24/2007 08:00:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home