A blog about knitting, and some other stuff....

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election Hat!

I have this thing with hats, namely that I hate them. Or let's say I hate wearing them. I think I look stupid in most of them, although I realize that they're really nice to have when it gets cold. So I keep knitting them, at least one a winter, in my eternal quest to find a hat I don't hate. While watching very exciting election coverage last night I knitted this (well, the vast majority of this, I started it Monday night).


Yes, I am a lazy blogger and instead of using a camera I use Photo Booth....

The yarn is some cone yarn I picked up many years ago from Webs. It's way bulky which I don't really like, and it's 100% wool so it's rather not so soft, and I have a ton of it that I don't know what to do with. I don't even know what the stuff is called.... The white is Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. This is a lovely knit, very quick, easy, and I like it! We'll see if I wear it. Now to wait for this unusually warm weather to end.... no, I don't mean that, don't end, stay as long as you'd like.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I don't know why, but I love earflap hats. They look silly on me, but something about them makes me happy :)

11/06/2008 10:17:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this hat with ear flaps - am searching for the perfect one and this one is the best ive seen!! What pattern did you use if you dont mind me asking - im a beginner!

2/26/2009 10:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Janey said...

I'm with Hannah - what pattern did you use?

It looks really warm. (Which wool has a tendency to do.)

Thanks,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
(replace caps with symbols, and no spaces)

3/27/2009 06:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Paula T. said...

Could you please let me know what pattern you used? Love it, thanks!

4/16/2010 03:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home